Inter Milan of Italy winger, Victor Moses was again in top form for the Italian Serie A club on Wednesday, few hours after confirmation came that he had been cleared to take part in their last ten matches of this season, following an agreement reached with the player and his parent club, Chelsea of England.
Megasportsarena.com gathered that Moses had initially been scheduled to return to Chelsea at the end of June, but the suspension of league action caused by coronavirus occasioned a change to that plan and The Blues have now agreed to allow him stay on longer at The San Siro.
Consequently, The Nerazzurri have now extended their loan contract with Moses until the end of this season, thereby making him eligible for Inter’s last ten games of the campaign, beginning from Wednesday’s home clash against Brescia which they won 6-0.
However, there is still a cloud over Moses’ long-term future with Inter, as the former Super Eagles ace could face a struggle for a regular spot in their starting line-up should the team go ahead and sign Real Madrid of Spain’s Morocco icon, Achraf Hakimi.
Nonetheless, a report by La Gazzetta dello Sport confirmed that Moses and Alexis Sanchez will remain at Inter until the end of the current campaign, even as the Milan-based club remain in talks with Chelsea and Manchester United over the future of both players heading into August.
The original loan agreement that took Moses to Inter expired on Tuesday, but the former UEFA Champions League winners appeared readily convinced to hand him an extension after the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner featured in all four matches they have played since the restart of action after the forced suspension caused by COVID-19.
While Moses struggled for form and a place in the squad before the forced break in March, he used the lockdown period to reflect and recuperate, hence his burst of form since the season restarted on June 13, updating his statistics to two assists in 11 games and a total of 491 minutes on the pitch, which has been buoyed by starting spots in their last two matches.
On Wednesday, the former Super Eagles’ star made the best of the first of his espied ten games with The Nerazzurri, as he helped Inter get a comprehensive 6-0 victory over Brescia at Giuseppe Meazza Stadium, where the 29-year-old was handed a starting shirt by Conte, playing alongside former Manchester United captain, Ashley Young as the two wing-backs.
Young opened scoring in the fifth minute and Alexis Sanchez doubled the lead from the penalty spot, after which Danilo D’Ambrosio completed a first half demolition of Diego Lopex’s side that was still without Mario Balotelli.
Much to the delight of Moses, the victory helped Inter tighten their grip on third position in the Serie A and maintain their pace in the race for UEFA Champions League qualification; as they now have 64points, while Brescia sit bottom of the log with 18 points.
Moses took to social media immediately after the match, as he hailed his teammates for their stunning efforts and stated delight with his contribution to the victory, as he posted gleefully: “6️⃣-0️⃣! What a team performance Fire.”
However, an additional report indicated late Wednesday that The Nerazzurri’s general manager, Beppe Marotta remains unhappy with the loan laws guiding European football, even as he heaved a sigh of relief for his club’s ability to sign Moses and Alexis Sanchez to new deals.
Marotta told DAZN: “As for Moses and Sanchez, we agreed last-minute deals to have them at our disposal, with slightly different reasoning, but at least up until our play-off in the Europa League against Getafe. I have already said this is an anomaly that should’ve been sorted out by now by those at the top of the sport.”