Tottenham Hotspur of England midfielder, Bamidele Alli has suddenly found himself facing up to the stark reality that his aspiration for a deal with Paris-Saint Germaine of France might not come to pass after all, following reports that the French Ligue 1 champions are no longer keen on sealing a deal with his London-based English Premier League side.
Megasportsarena.com gathered that, unlike earlier reports which indicated that PSG were ready to step in and lure Alli from Spurs, where he has suddenly dropped down the perking order under Jose Mourinho, the reverse is now the case for the Nigerian-born dazzler.
A move to PSG appeared on the cards after Real Madrid of Spain also pulled out of a touted swap deal with Gareth Bale, who eventually joined Spurs on loan earlier this month, but Alli’s prospects in this summer’s transfer window are now d=fading with each passing second.
A report by British newspaper, The Telegraph noted that PSG is set to withdraw their interest in Alli, thereby further casting a dark showdown over the club career and future prospects of the England international, who was left out of Mourinho’s last two squads in quick succession.
The report adds that, despite travelling with the squad to North Macedonia for Thursday’s UEFA Europa League qualifier against Skendija 79, speculation persists regarding a temporary switch for Alli to PSG, as the Paris-based side are losing patience in their bid to agree terms with Spurs.
However, while Mourinho said earlier this week that Alli must prove himself to earn a recall to the side, the report adds that top brass officials at the North London outfit are not so keen on selling the 24-year-old Nigerian-born lad, thereby creating a tight scenario that could eventually see the playmaker ultimately stay put with Tottenham this season.
Ironically, though, a report by SportsMole added that PSG’s Ligue 1 rivals, AS Monaco have expressed interest in Alli, who returned to Spurs’ starting lineup on Thursday and played a key role in his club’s surprisingly tough battle and victory away to Skendija 79 in the Europa League third qualifying round.
The report added: “Speculation continues to persist regarding a temporary exit for the 24-year-old, who is not guaranteed regular first-team football under Jose Mourinho. While Paris Saint-Germain are said to have withdrawn their interest, 90 min claims that Monaco are monitoring the situation.
“Sporting director Paul Mitchell has close ties with the playmaker, making the Ligue 1 outfit a feasible option if Spurs allow Alli to spend the 2020-21 campaign elsewhere. Spurs have no interest in cashing in on Alli during the current transfer window.”
Down the line, Mourinho eventually spoke at length on the matter, and stated categorically that it is up to the 24-year-old Alli to rescue his status at Spurs, but added that he is convinced the midfielder will stay at the club beyond this summer’s transfer window.
Mourinho told Sky Sports: “Since Dele arrived from MK Dons he had ups and downs. He had fabulous periods and also other periods where he disappeared from the top level performances. With me it was no different than before.
“He had moments where he was so good and he also had moments where he was not so good. I think this lack of consistency. It is normal when you are in great form you play because your production is big for the team. When you are not in a good moment, you don’t play. It is as simple as that.”