The contract saga involving Nigerian-born left-back, David Olatokunbo Alaba at Bayern Munich of Germany has taken another dramatic turn, with the Austria international slamming the club’s officials for disclosing that they had withdrawn a contract offer that had initially been extended his way.
Megasportsarena.com gathered that, with Alaba apparently still holding out for a megabucks deal elsewhere in Europe, the renowned left-back had been hoping to shore up his value with a semblance of relevance with The Bavarians.
However, Alaba could now become a lightweight prospect in the January transfer window and next summer, following an exposé that he might be surplus to requirements at Bayern.
That has incensed the dark-skinned lad, who has a Nigerian father and Philippines mother but was born in Austria, and he has blasted Bayern Munich president, Herbert Hainer for announcing their new contract offer has been withdrawn.
That is despite additional reports revealing that The Bavarians’ decision has renewed attention in him from Real Madrid of Spain as well as Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool of England, who will now all be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with him in January ahead of a free transfer next summer.
Alaba, who has been at Bayern since 2008, sees his current deal expire at the end of June next year. Hainer said that the club withdrew their offer a new five-year deal for Alaba after the player’s agent turned down their latest proposal.
“I heard it like everyone else on the news. I cannot say how it will continue from this point. I am glad to be playing for Bayern, and to be a part of the team. But what the future will look like after yesterday evening I just cannot say, as no one has talked to me officially.
“I can completely understand the fans. I wish internal stuff would stay internal. The numbers out there do not correspond to reality and I am a bit disappointed and sad that the club never officially came out to say they are wrong.
“I have not made any thoughts about my future because Bayern was always the first point of contact. I had no contact with other clubs for that reason,” Alaba told a press conference ahead of their game at Salzburg in the Champions League on Tuesday.